Wednesday 3 April 2013

'The motivation to get up & change'


Confessions of a tattooed curvy girl 

The moment it clicked

There's many reasons i decided something had to change. 
For two years now I've been ' running' on & off taking part in the race for life,whilst bingeing on crap. Constantly going between the loose but fitted size 14 in which I would then give myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, to the tight 16 where I'd restrict my eating and swap a few meals for slim fast until i was back to the loose 14 stage. 

Although I'm pleased it hasn't fluctuated much its not healthy to be that way included. 

Something snapped lately. I was enjoying my daily 2-3 miles outdoor runs. Then one run i felt pains all down my shins and then throughout the next day. It was only when I was battling through the pain one run when I literally couldn't run anymore i knew I had shin splints. 
Shin splints may not seem like a big deal but in a panic i joined my local gym; i was starting to notice i was improving and for once i didn't want to loose the fitness i was starting to notice. 

Perhaps its also partially body acceptance. I'm the 'biggest' in my group of friends at a 14/16 but having recently made myself a dress i came to realise I'm the perfect hourglass shape, I dress to suit my shape and i started to realise i don't mind what I see. I think when you start to like yourself you can finally strive to improve yourself. 


I know part of my fitness journey is also thanks to Instagram. Daily photos of #fitness and #squats have allowed me to see other people's transformations, enabled me to ask these people how they've done it!!! 

Above all the feeling of almost a month on and knowing that you can feel a difference in strength, body and fitness keeps you needing to go the gym. I'm starting to understand the dedication people can go through. 












No comments:

Post a Comment